Thursday, August 16, 2012

Almost at my first goal

Last week, I saw my nutritionist and did the weigh in.

For the first time, their scale did not disappoint.  I am only 18 pounds away from my first goal!  Believe me, this is a big deal.  When I started this journey, I weighed in at 266 pounds.  Every visit to the doctor's office saw me in tears.  At first, the tears were because I couldn't believe that I had come to a place where I was almost 300 pounds.  Then, the tears were because I couldn't believe that all the food sacrifices I had made and all the sweating I'd done had not made any impact on my weight.  Oh yeah, there was that one time that I'd managed to drop 4 pounds.  But then I tried to quit smoking and gained 10 pounds. Then I managed to lose 14 pounds, and then gained it all back again. SO actually my efforts were having an impact on my weight.  It looked like the harder I tried, the more a I gained. If I continued on this track I would reach the dreaded 300 mark before I knew it.  I was a weeping mess.

So, when I stepped onto the scale and it read 218 pounds, I walked away with a smile.  I get to buy my first outfit when I am under 200 pounds.  Am I where I want to be?  No, not yet.  I'm still a work in progress.  But, by golly, I'm making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment