Sunday, May 19, 2013

Today's gathering...

I ended up at a gathering for Mr. P's friend's mother's 70th birthday party.  We walked into the shelter, he started talking about the air conditioning, and then walked away with his friend...I was standing in a room full of strangers.  I grabbed a seat at the nearest table, feeling a bit stupid for being left in this place...
The wife of his friend came to rescue me.  At least, I think she was there to rescue me.  She brought me over to their table and introduced me to her friend.  Things were pretty awkward for a while.

I don't know what to make of this slight by Mr. P.  It could be, that even at 50 years old, he is absolutely clueless.  Could be.  Or it could be that he didn't give a flying leap if he left me to fend for myself without even an introduction.  Hmmm....

Whatever the reason(s) that I ended up in that predicament, eventually, the women at the table included me in their conversation.  What was the conversation about?  Marriage.  Or, more specifically, the woman's role in a good marriage.

God knows I am NOT trying to be someone else's wife.  I am, however, trying to be someone else's good friend.  I want to be the right man's best friend.  I want to be there for him, and for him to be there for me.  Will that be Mr. P? Who but God knows?  I do know that I'm leaving it open to Him.  He knows what He has in store, and it His plan that I'm waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment