Thursday, December 27, 2012

About 94 pounds and counting...

So...some changes have come over me since the weight has been coming off.  I have the desire to break off a little cookie.
Yeah, I said it.  Let's marinate on that for a moment....

Okay, the real problem is there is no one to give the cookie to.  No prospects at all.  For years, I barely registered men in my surroundings.  They were simply assholes walking around.  All after one thing - but not my thing, so why bother with them?  I just walked around like a defensive lineman.  Don't bother to look at me 'cause I ain't thinking about you!

Then I started losing weight.  I have more energy.  I can bound up the stairs at work.  I'm looking good in my clothes, and I know it. And now, I'm looking at you.  Yeah, and you too.  All of a sudden, I feel as though someone has lifted my hood, and for the first time in years, I see men all around me.

Don't misunderstand me. Just because I notice them, does not mean I'm ready to share THIS cookie with just any man I see.  After 4 and 1/2 years of keeping it on lock, I recognize the value in my cookie, and I will not be handing it out willy-nilly.  The man I decide to share it with will have to be WORTHY.  Ahhh...there's the rub.

Where does a mature woman like myself, with renewed body, mind, and spirit, find a worthy man?

  • Blackpeoplemeet.com where "black people meet"?  Oh, no.
    • The men I've communicated with are ghetto, or get straight to asking for MY COOKIE. What nerve!
  • Match.com where more matches are made?  Absolutely not.
    • So far, I've met one man who picked me up in a giant F150, did NOT help me climb up into the monster truck, took me to watch him eat dinner, and then, even though I made a point of telling him how I DO NOT LIKE going to clubs, took me to a club.  Oh yeah, when I slipped on the icy bar trying to climb back into the truck after his dinner, the joker did not even get out to see if I was okay.  That was my one and only match.
  • In my living room, in front of the TV? Nope.
    • Enough said there.
  • At Walmart? Unh-unh.
    • Plenty of men there, but they are usually following behind another woman like a puppy on a leash, waiting for her to pay for everything.  No thank you.  Been there, done that.
  • At the movie matinee with my sons? Nothing happening.
    • Besides, my sons block like its the final quarter in Lakers game (during the late 80's when the Lakers were my ish!)

So what's a girl to do?  I'm going to have to do something different.
Okay, okay.  The next opportunity I have to go somewhere where grown-ups congregate, I will jump on it.

Before the cookie crumbles...

Getting ready to attend a family members birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment