Yeah, I said it. Let's marinate on that for a moment....
Okay, the real problem is there is no one to give the cookie to. No prospects at all. For years, I barely registered men in my surroundings. They were simply assholes walking around. All after one thing - but not my thing, so why bother with them? I just walked around like a defensive lineman. Don't bother to look at me 'cause I ain't thinking about you!
Then I started losing weight. I have more energy. I can bound up the stairs at work. I'm looking good in my clothes, and I know it. And now, I'm looking at you. Yeah, and you too. All of a sudden, I feel as though someone has lifted my hood, and for the first time in years, I see men all around me.
Don't misunderstand me. Just because I notice them, does not mean I'm ready to share THIS cookie with just any man I see. After 4 and 1/2 years of keeping it on lock, I recognize the value in my cookie, and I will not be handing it out willy-nilly. The man I decide to share it with will have to be WORTHY. Ahhh...there's the rub.
Where does a mature woman like myself, with renewed body, mind, and spirit, find a worthy man?
- Blackpeoplemeet.com where "black people meet"? Oh, no.
- The men I've communicated with are ghetto, or get straight to asking for MY COOKIE. What nerve!
- Match.com where more matches are made? Absolutely not.
- So far, I've met one man who picked me up in a giant F150, did NOT help me climb up into the monster truck, took me to watch him eat dinner, and then, even though I made a point of telling him how I DO NOT LIKE going to clubs, took me to a club. Oh yeah, when I slipped on the icy bar trying to climb back into the truck after his dinner, the joker did not even get out to see if I was okay. That was my one and only match.
- In my living room, in front of the TV? Nope.
- Enough said there.
- At Walmart? Unh-unh.
- Plenty of men there, but they are usually following behind another woman like a puppy on a leash, waiting for her to pay for everything. No thank you. Been there, done that.
- At the movie matinee with my sons? Nothing happening.
- Besides, my sons block like its the final quarter in Lakers game (during the late 80's when the Lakers were my ish!)
So what's a girl to do? I'm going to have to do something different.
Okay, okay. The next opportunity I have to go somewhere where grown-ups congregate, I will jump on it.
Before the cookie crumbles...
|Getting ready to attend a family members birthday party.|