Thursday, October 4, 2012

Food for Thought

      So, I caught a glimpse of myself in the Walmart doors as I was entering the other day.  For the first time in years, I liked what I saw.  It took me by surprise.  I almost stopped to stare at my reflection, but the automatic doors whooshed open before I could really entertain the idea.  But the mark had already been made; the image was in my head.  That dumpy mom of two is gone, and she has been replaced by this sexy chick who is light on her feet.

     The other day, a teacher down the hall from my classroom asked if I'd lost weight.  "Why, yes I have lost a little weight." (70 pounds!)  She said she thought so because she saw me walking down the hall, and I "was twitching pretty fast down the hall."  I had to laugh at that one.  She's absolutely right.  I do walk faster.  There is a certain bounce in my step again.  I am alive again!

     Want to see the difference?
Summer 2008
Summer 2010
Fall 2012 (5 pounds over my 2nd goal)
             
      I'm still losing weight.  I'm committed to finding the true me beneath it all, and resuming the life I put on hold.  Everything taste different.  No, not just the food.  I mean, all of my experiences taste different.  

      And I am savoring every morsel of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment